A2 Hosting is one of the oldest providers. They are originally from Michigan and started in 2001 under a different name (Iniquinet). Later, in 2003, the name was changed to A2 Hosting.
On their website, you can read that 97% of their customers are satisfied and promise “servers up to 20x faster” – we’ll see later if your servers are as fast as Road Runner (meep, meep) or A2 is more like coyote. Also, the price (first term) seems like a bargain, but what about renovation costs?
That is exactly why I decided to review A2 Hosting and tell everything about its products, prices, advantages and flaws.
Let’s dive in and see if A2 Hosting is the hosting service you are looking for.
A2 Hosting Pros Cons and Review
9.1 Total score
Every webhosting has many benefits and disadvantages and everyone wants to submit to it before thinking about which webhosting is right for their websites or blogs. Now let’s take a look at the A2 Hosting pros and cons:
Monthly data transfer limit
FTP and secure FTP accounts
Service and Support
- Speed: As we will see later, A2 Hosting is one of the fastest providers I have ever tried.
- Advanced features: Your superior plans come with interesting advanced options, such as temporary storage areas or a server caching system.
- Backups: they keep 7 copies of your website. Be aware that backup recovery features only come with the Swift and Turbo plan.
- Server locations: You can choose to host your site in America (east or west coast), Europe or Asia.
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth: your storage space is unlimited, although the total number of files cannot exceed 600,000. Bandwidth is also not measured.
- Windows-based hosting: Unlike many other competitors, Windows-based servers are available.
- Uptime: they need to improve uptime (more on that later).
- No PCI compliance: they do not support out-of-the-box PCI compliance. It is not suitable for e-commerce projects.
- On-demand backups are paid for separately: if you want to use the on-demand backup system to create your own backups, you will need to purchase the add-on.
- Confusing checkout: even though it is not as intrusive as other providers (for example, iPage), the checkout is loaded with add-ons that you probably won’t need (for example, a paid SSL certificate).
- 35 simultaneous HTTP connections: all shared hosting plans appear to be limited to 35 simultaneous HTTP connections to the server – this may not be enough for some.
A2 Accommodation was based in 2001 by Bryan Muthig with the exclusive title Iniquinet. The company remained a small company before 2003; however, since then, they have become the number one model in the area of Internet hosting, especially among WordPress customers.
The main focus of A2 is very clear, speed and safety. They achieve this with their custom server configuration and internal instruments similar to A2 Optimized. Other selling options are:
- The best tools for developers.
- 9% uptime.
- A top-class Guru visualization, which can be obtained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Extremely fast loading time.
A2 Hosting Company is working with Carbonfund.org to reduce the influence of carbon responsible for local climate change and, since 2007, the company claims to be 100% CO2-free. You can also access DoFollow directory submission sites.
A2 hosting features
- It comes with the free “HackScan” for security.
- In fact, they are the fastest shared hosting provider on the Internet.
- Money again guarantees.
- Green Webhosting.
- Community providing free content material.
- Compatible with the Common Content Management System (CMS).
- Efficient and fast help to customer support.
- Reliable uptime.
- Main high quality growth instruments.
- Free SSL certificates to keep your website secure.
- Quick knowledge to make your sites 2 instances faster.
- It comes with Cloudflare CDN, which helps to increase the load time of the website.
- Have unlimited storage and knowledge switcher.
A2 hosting plans
|Free website migration, free SSD||Free website migration, free SSD||Free website migration, free SSD, website accelerator, turbo server|
|Regular costs||$ 7.99 per month||$ 9.99 for 30 days||$ 18.99 for 30 days|
|Discount costs||$ 3.92 per month||$ 4.90 for 30 days||$ 9.31 for 30 days|
When to use A2 Hosting
If you are looking for a moderately priced provider, generous in storage and bandwidth, A2 Hosting is a reliable option.
In addition, it comes with several features that similar competitors don’t offer, such as internal server caching, staging areas and speed optimization plug-ins for CMSs like WordPress, PrestaShop or Magento.
I can imagine that A2 Hosting would be a good fit for new bloggers who need a reliable host, for small and medium businesses looking for serious hosting services or for solo digital developers (for example, SEO consultants or WordPress developers) who they need storage space for your website and possibly for your customers.
It is really a solid option for those looking for a Windows based project.
When you don’t want to use A2 Hosting
However, there are some limitations that make me reluctant to recommend A2 Hosting for larger projects. Your uptime should definitely improve and having a simultaneous HTTP connection limitation of 35 can be a deciding factor for those who get more traffic.
A2 Hosting Review: Videos
A2 hosting speed test
Slow websites are not legal, and a fast hosting provider is vital to support a fast website. As you can imagine, the speed of your site is crucial for better user engagement, and many studies have correlated slow sites with lower conversion rates.
In addition, Google and other search engines hate slow sites. So, even more reasons to have a fast hosting provider.
For over a month, I kept an eye on the speed of A2 Hosting (and other competitors) using tools such as Pingdom, GTmetrix, Webpagetest.org and Google’s PageSpeed Insights.
I must say that the speed of A2 Hosting is incredible. As you can see in the table above, they were one of the top three suppliers in our tests and performed excellently.
Check out an overview of your results:
|test||Average Rating||Average speed|
|5 GTmetrix test||1 out of 7 providers was faster||1.28 s|
|Test 5 Pingdom||Faster supplier||0.77 s|
|5 Webpagetest test||1 out of 7 providers was faster||4,886 s|
If you are concerned about speed, A2 Hosting is a reliable provider. A lot more Road Runner than Coyote indeed.
Is the A2 Hosting uptime good?
Without a doubt, A2 Internet Hosting is the most effective and fastest growing hosting provider on the Internet and presents many types of plans, in an effort to manage your website or do the A2 Hosting Gurus for you. It is very optimized for WordPress customers and you can get a top quality of 99.9% uptime with pleasant and pleasant help to the buyer 24/7. The best thing about A2 Hosting is that they are 100% CO2 neutral, which is great for the environment.
I hope you enjoy this text on the A2 Hosting assessment. Let me know your opinion on the subject of feedback. Be sure to share this text with your family and friends.