Gaming was such a nonchalant activity not so long ago. Today, gaming is one of the most competitive ways to spend your time at home and make money. Because of this complexity and increased competition, communication has become one of the most important aspects of the game. Today, we will show you our choices for the Best Microphones For Gaming. Some of these are some of the best microphones, whatever your application. That being said, when we discuss our list, we will delve deeper into what makes a good gaming microphone and take it from there.
M-Audio Uber Mic
M-Audio is a much more popular name in the world of shelf speakers. However, they have proven to be able to build a decent condenser microphone that is cost effective but packed with great features. M-Audio Uber Mic is not mentioned without reason. As soon as we get to the base, you’ll understand why. For starters, it packs three condenser capsules instead of the normal one. You can immediately expect a significant improvement in performance. You then have the choice between four different polar models, an integrated screen that lets you know in which mode you are and much more. Overall, this is one of the best microphones for gaming to buy right now.
- An incredibly strong stand offers plenty of stability.
- Quite unusual but amazing hardware solutions which boost performance.
- A set of features that gives you the edge.
- Great performance and sound quality.
- It may be a handful for casual gamers.
Razer Seiren X
As for good gaming equipment, it is very difficult for the moment to beat Razer. They make just about every device you can think of, including condenser microphones. Razer Seiren X is not only a great device, but it’s probably one of the best gaming solutions. When you take out all that is cool, it’s basically a legitimate microphone with a large diaphragm. What Razer understands is that vibration reduction is the name of the desktop condenser microphones game. That’s why Razer Seiren X comes with an integrated shock mount. In addition, it sounds really good and is one of the best microphones for gaming.
- Good build quality ensures long and consistent performance.
- A smart design which is optimized for desktop use.
- Great performance for gaming and more.
- A look which fits into any battle station design.
- Its super streamlined nature is also its biggest flaw.
Shure microphones are by far one of the best on the market. This applies whether you are looking for a professional model or a casual accessory that can be used for games. Shure MV5 is somewhere in the middle. It’s a great microphone that uses special presets to modulate the sound and adapt it to different applications. Its design really stands out. Shure manufactured a spherical condenser that works perfectly with its standard, but also without it. When you decide to do something other than play, simply place the microphone as you like or install it on another platform. Such features make it one of the best microphones for gaming right now.
- Great package that comes in a compact format.
- Build quality that offers durability and reliability.
- Great performance straight out of the box.
- Features which are streamlined for a more user-friendly experience.
- Could really use a built-in pop filter.
In terms of games and content creation, Blue Yeti remains one of the best configurations on the market. It’s a tried and tested package you do not have to worry about. One of the best things about this money pill is the fact that Blue has now fixed everything. You invest in an excellent microphone. Even more striking, the Blue Yeti is the type of microphone that offers everything. We are talking about excellent workmanship, a foolproof standard that prevents unwanted movement, and a set of features that push this microphone well beyond its weight class. If you do not want to get too involved in condenser microphones, Blue Yeti is one of the best microphones for gaming at the moment.
- A proven and time tested design that has been refined.
- Great performance as well as consistency across the board.
- A great set of features which offer additional functionality.
- A timeless look which will fit in anywhere.
- Blue Yeti isn’t exactly the smallest microphone on the market.
Compared to most other condensers on the market, Blue Nessie does not look so bad. However, it is absolutely serious. It’s a perfect desktop design with advanced performance and extremely user-friendly features. For this reason, it is an excellent choice for games and other similar applications. The functions we are talking about are not really common. Instead, you have different recording modes that push the signal through a process that solves everything and gives you an instantly polished product. If you do not have time to adjust your sound, it is useful to immediately get something for you. In short, this is one of the best gaming microphones to buy right now.
- Great build quality with plenty of functionality.
- Good design that works for desktop applications.
- A great overall performance which is more than enough for gaming.
- Built-in features that make performance tweaking super easy.
- It’s bound to its desktop stand and can’t be mounted.
The entire USB segment of the microphone market would not be complete without at least one Audio Technica model involved. It turns out that they offer a lot. The one we think is suitable for the game is called ATR2500-USB and it’s quite impressive. The features and overall performance it offers offer a perfect fit. For starters, this is a compact version that takes up very little space on your desk. Audio Technica offers them with simple, discreet and relatively stable tripods. If it does not work for you, you can always mount it on something else. The controls are simple and easy to reach, but connecting this microphone to your computer does not take time. These specifications make it one of the best microphones for gaming right now.
- That standard Audio Technica quality and durability.
- A functional design works in all environments.
- Great performance thanks to Audio Technica’s proven hardware.
- Simple control layout that is user-friendly.
- Tripod needs a bit of adjusting out of the box.
Designing a good PC-centric condenser microphone involves much more than just the hardware it contains. Just because a microphones uses USB instead of XLR does not make it suitable for games or other desktop applications. Samson is one of the few brands to understand it. Samson Meteor proves the same thing. They basically took a very vintage design and modified to meet modern standards. One of the advantages of this microphone is its built-in tripod which offers stability and adjustment. The material in the microphone is also excellent. Samson used a diaphragm capsule suitable for this construction, making it one of the best microphones for gaming.
- A classic yet modern design which really works out.
- A built-in tripod that is very stable and functional.
- Great performance thanks to good hardware components.
- Compact size means it doesn’t take too much space.
- Tripod legs need to be removed before mounting this mic.
Blue Snowball iCE
As you will probably see, Blue is very popular for game-oriented versions. Blue Snowball ICE is another example of such a model that really deserves to be mentioned in the discussion of this topic. It offers exceptional functionality and performance, all in a compact chassis. In addition, it also helps to make it look good. Like the Shure MV5, Snowball ICE uses a range of unorthodox functions. Instead of manually adjusting the attenuators or high-pass filters, this microphone incorporates built-in recording modes that do all the work for you. From a game point of view, this is a very simple and functional package that you can use on a daily basis and is one of the best gaming microphones you can buy right now.
- Practical and functional design that works quite well for gaming.
- Great aesthetics for a modern gaming station.
- Plenty of performance thanks to a proper condenser build.
- Functional recording mode makes dialing in a good sound easy.
- The factory tripod isn’t really the best.
Samson Go Mic
When we think of the game, we usually think of a living room console or a bestial desktop computer. However, there are also people playing on a laptop. As such, you may not always want to play at home. If you meet this description, Samson Go Mic could be an ideal solution for your daily games. It is super small compared to almost anything, but it offers good condenser performance. Unlike most compact condensers, it comes with a weakening tab and an adjustable polar pattern. Best of all is that you can cut and delete the right on your laptop screen when you are done. The sound quality is really excellent, making it one of the best microphones for gaming.
- A truly compact design that is lightweight and user-friendly.
- Great performance with plenty of finesse in there.
- Features that you rarely see on full-sized condensers.
- Offers an impressive bang for the buck.
- It tends to move around if you don’t clip it.
If you are really limited by your budget, there are still some great options. Models such as the Zalman ZM-Mic1 are simple, durable and ultimately effective tools that can do the job. The benefits of this specific model are numerous. For starters, it’s small and light enough to click anywhere. What most users do is plug it directly into the headphone cable and do it. So the microphone is always exactly where you need it. In terms of sound quality, we can say that the Zalman Zm-Mic1 works well considering the price. Thanks to the long cable, you will certainly not feel limited while wearing it. And overall, this is one of the best microphones for gaming that you can buy.
- Simple and compact build that is lightweight in nature.
- Clips onto clothes or headphones cable very easily.
- Provides great performance for such a tiny package.
- Offers great bang for the buck ratio.
- Requires a dedicated audio input on your device.
At the end of the day, the task was difficult between the Razer Seiren X and the good old Blue Yeti. In the end, we stayed at Razer, simply because their package was optimized for the topic we were discussing today. That said, each of these microphones in our Best Microphones For Gaming list will give you great performance every day. If you have a laptop and need something compact, you can not get better than Samson’s Go Mic. At this size, it is one of the best condensers on the market.
Originally posted 2019-02-16 17:08:32.