Various uses of F1-F12 keys in Windows
Uses of the F1 key:
- The F1 key almost everywhere is used for “Help”. if you are using the Windows operating system and want help on the go, press the F1 key to open the help window.
- The F1 key is sometimes used to enter the BIOS (press F1 when the computer is about to boot).
- The Win + F1 key combination will open Microsoft Windows “Help and Support”.
Uses of the F2 key:
- Quickly rename the chosen file or folder. Works on all versions of Windows.
- Alt + Ctrl + F2 – opens the document as a Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl + F2 – Opens the Preview window in Microsoft Word.
- Often to enter the BIOS.
Uses of the F3 key:
- On the MS-DOS or Windows charging line, press F3 to repeat the last call.
- The Win + F3 – Advanced Search window opens in Microsoft Outlook.
- Shift + F3 – Changes the content of Microsoft Word, from uppercase to lowercase or uppercase at the beginning of each expression.
- In case I am not confused, it is the F3 key that will make the computers in the Apple Control application run Mac OS X.
Uses of the F4 key:
- This opens the location bar, in case you press F4 in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
- Repeat the last activity (MS Word)
- Ctrl + F4 – Close the open window in the current window, for example, a tab in the program
- Alt + F4 – Close the system window in Windows.
Uses of the F5 key:
- Updates the current page (works in all advanced programs) and, in addition, redesigns the desktop or opens organizers in Windows.
- The execution of a slide is demonstrated in Powerpoint.
Uses of the F6 key:
- Move the cursor on the location bar (it works additionally in several advanced programs).
- Ctrl + Shift + F6 – opens the document in Microsoft Word
Using the F7 key:
- Mainly used for spelling and grammar in Microsoft document programs (Word, Outlook, etc.
Using the F8 key:
- Pressing the F8 key while the PC is about to boot will result in the PC starting in Safe mode.
Using the F9 key:
- The F9 key has no functionality in Windows. However, it can be used in some individual programs. To find out if it is available in the program you are using, open the program’s help screen and type the words function key.
Uses of the F10 key:
- Activates “Menu” in the open organizer window.
- Shift + F10 – works in the same way as the right mouse button.
- Pressing F10 while the system is booting will display the BIOS information.
- F10 is used to enter the hidden recovery partition on Sony computers.
Using the F11 key:
- The F11 key will take you to full screen mode and can be used and work in any browser.
Uses of the F12 key:
- Opens “Save As” in Microsoft Word.
- Shift + F12 – Save a document in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 – Print a document in Microsoft Word.
- The F12 key will open the Inspect element box in any browser.
Fn + F1 or F2 or…. The F12 keys normally perform the job printed on the respective keys. This is basically for laptop users.
This concludes this list of uses of F1 to F12 keys on Windows, if you know more uses, add this article by commenting below.