The Fortnite Android beta is finally officially announced after a lot of leaks, speculation, and rumors. During the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 event, Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games, came on stage to confirm that owners of a Samsung Galaxy device are the first to be invited to Fortnite beta, from now on plus a unique Galaxy skin. Meanwhile, the official website has been updated to confirm that not only Samsung devices can access Fortnite.
The game will be rolled out over the coming days to ‘a larger number of devices,’ although Samsung Galaxy smartphones such as the S7, S8, Note 8 and the Note 9 and Tab S4 are the first to gain access. Other devices that will receive the game are the OnePlus 6, Google Pixel 2, Asus ROG Phone, Nokia 8 and the Razer phone to name just a few. If you expected Fortnite to run on budget Android smartphones, like the Xiaomi Mi A2, that is not the case at the moment. The Fortnite beta download size from Android is 1.88 GB.
How to signup for Fortnite Android beta invite:
- Sign up on the official website for a Fortnite Android Beta invitation event.
- When you are invited, you will receive an e-mail with a link to download the game.
- Players get access to Fortnite Battle Royale in waves and receive instructions on downloading and playing.
Unlike the Fortnite iOS beta, Epic has not indicated whether players who receive an invitation can also invite their friends. Given the online nature of the game, you need a stable, consistent internet connection.
How to download the game:
Although Fortnite for Android will not be in the Google Play Store, you can download it through the Fortnite installer. What this means is that you have to go to the official Fortnite site in your smartphone browser and download the Fortnite Installer APK file. But for that you have to do this:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap Security (also referred to as Privacy on some devices).
- Go to unknown sources.
- Tap Allow for the installation of apps from unknown sources. This allows you to install Fortnite Android.
- Download Fortnite Android from here on your phone.
- Now go to the Downloads folder on your phone and install it.
List of compatible devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8 +, S9 / S9 +, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20/Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30 +
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5/5T, 6
- Razer: Razer Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6/6 Plus, Mi 8/8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11