For mobile gamers, the Fortnite of Epic Games has attracted attention since the last few days. So far, rumors have suggested that the PUBG rival Battle Royale game on Android will be launched alongside the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and could be exclusive for the first few days. Whether this information is correct remains to be seen until the Note 9 launch, a leaked page from the website of Epic Games now suggests which Android devices Fortnite can support after it has broken its Note 9 exclusivity.
The system requirements page of Fortnite is obtained by XDA Developers, which contains all the specifications that a smartphone needs to support the game. A leaked APK file also suggests the exclusivity of Fortnite for Note 9 from Samsung, after which only a selected number of devices can execute it.
The minimum requirements for Fortnite on Android are listed below:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop and higher
- ARM64 with support for NEON and Floating Point Render Targets (FPRT)
- At least 3 GB of RAM or more
- OpenGL 3.1 or newer
When switching over, the configuration list clearly states that devices with hardware from the following manufacturers will not support Fortnite for the time being.
- Devices with Intel Atom chips
- Devices with PowerVR GPU
- Devices with NVIDIA chips
- Devices from HTC, Motorola, Lenovo, Sony and Essential
That leaves us with the hardware that Forntnite will initially support after the global launch on Android, which is listed below:
- Devices with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, Snapdragon 835, Snapdragon 821 and Snapdragon 820. The devices with SD845 and SD835 can place Fortnite as standard on medium graphics, with Vulkan pushing the maximum. The SD821 and SD820 will only use it in low graphics images.
- Devices with Exynos 9810 in Galaxy S9 (Medium graphics), Exynos 8895 in Galaxy S8 and Note 8 (Low graphics) and Exynos 8890 in Galaxy S7 (lowest graphics).
- Devices with the HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset on medium-sized images, which means that the following Huawei / Honor devices will initially support – Honor Note 10, Honor 10, Huawei P20, Huawei Mate 10, Honor View 10 and Honor Play.
Are you disappointed with this list? It seems that mainly the flagship devices Fortnite can receive, apart from even the latest midrange platforms from Qualcomm and Huawei. Fret not because this is still information from the early stages leaked and there is a possibility that Epic Games will optimize it in the future for more devices.