Unknown facts about Wikipedia – Today Wikipedia is everyone’s favorite site on the internet. As we know, Wikipedia is an Internet encyclopedia of free access and free content, hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, nonprofit. Anyone who can access the site can edit most of their articles, hoping to follow the site’s policies. Wikipedia is ranked among the ten most popular sites. Today we are discussing some unknown facts about Wikipedia.
1 50% of Wikipedia traffic comes from Google.
Also read: 2020: the best URL shortener services to make money
2) On Wikipedia, sex is the most popular topic in all languages except French and Spanish.
3) The entire Wikipedia library is operated by only 35 employees.
4) Wikipedia Headquarters is located in San Francisco
5) The Wikipedia website has over 6884 million page views each year.
6 English Wikipedia has more than 3 million articles.
7) One of Wikipedia’s most active editors is Richard Farmbrough, who edited over 750,000 articles on Wikipedia!
Don’t miss it: How to download the entire Wikipedia offline
8) has currently 285 languages registered on Wikipedia. But English, German and French we are the three main famous languages from Wikipedia.
9 Wikipedia is a combination of the words Wiki which means A shared website and media is an abbreviated form of an encyclopedia.
10) In 2006, Wikipedia users who edited the site were named as Time MagazinePerson of the year.
11) Wikipedia was launched on January 15, 2001 by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger. With over 21 million articles, there are almost 2 million new articles per year!
12) Wikipedia claims to have approximately 325 million readers, which means that there are 21 users for each article on the site.
So above, it all comes down Unknown facts about Wikipedia – you don’t know. I hope you enjoy it, so don’t forget to share this post with others.
Read also: 2020: Better learning management systems
Originally posted 2020-03-22 06:34:55.