So you need to delete your Gmail device in favor of Apple iCloud. Good resolution (although we look at just a few explanations of why you don’t want to take drastic action).
If you’ve determined that you don’t need to continue using your Gmail account, it’s easy to copy all of your current Google emails to your iCloud Mail folders. And as soon as you run this, you can ask Gmail to send future emails to your Apple email device. Below, we clarify how.
How to copy your emails from Gmail to iCloud
1) Start by setting up Mail on your Mac, iPhone or iPad to accept your Gmail emails. This article explains how to set up your Apple Mail app to settle for Gmail: How to set up Mail.
2) If you have obtained folders in Gmail that you really want to replicate in iCloud, you must set them up before copying your emails. Here’s how to create a new folder in the iCloud email part of your Mail app:
- On a Mac, right-click on iCloud (below the Inbox) and choose New Mailbox. Choose a reputation in your mailbox, for example, Gmail archive. The folder will appear later in iCloud on the left.
- On an iOS system, go to Mailboxes> Edit, then select New mailbox. Name the mailbox and select iCloud as the placement.
3) Now you can be ready to copy the emails from Gmail that you need to keep to the new folder on iCloud. It is better to copy relatively than to drag and drop if something fails during the course. To copy emails in Mail on a Mac, choose emails in the Gmail folder, right-click and select Copy to and select the folder you just configured. To copy emails on an iOS system, tap Edit and choose the emails you want to copy (or Mark all), select Move and select the folder you have configured. (You can copy the emails to your inbox if you don’t want a separate folder).
4) After your emails are copied (be careful, it may take some time if you have a large email account) you need to be in a position to safely remove Gmail from your email application.
- On a Mac, go to Mail> Accounts, choose your Gmail device, click the minus button and check if you really want to disable the Account.
- On an iOS system, go to Settings> Email> Accounts, touch the Gmail account and select Delete account.
At that level, you removed emails from your Gmail account in your iCloud account and you can end this by not opening your Gmail again. Except, no doubt, it is likely that some emails will be sent to this account that you do not need to lose.
Do you want to change the email address to which those emails are likely to be dispatched (as is the case with subscriptions and contacting friends and colleagues) or, by far, the simplest possibility, forwarding email in Gmail to set up.
Set up email forwarding from Gmail to iCloud
Of course, it’s likely that you don’t need to get Gmail emails again, possibly you’ve played that account a long time in the past and it’s now full of spam. In that case, you can simply close your Gmail account, which is easy 1 In case of logging into your account, scroll down to the Account Preferences part and select Delete your account or services.
However, if you want to send emails sent here, please:
1) Go to gmail.com, click on the gear after which Settings and select the Forwarding and POP / IMAP tab.
2) Enter your iCloud device when prompted for forwarding.
3) You will receive an email to confirm the permission. You must add a verification code before email forwarding begins. If you later decide that you do not need to forward these additional emails, click Remove address.
4) Now, all emails sent to your Gmail account are likely to be redirected to your iCloud address.
Why you don’t need to stop Gmail
If your only reason for combining your Gmail and iCloud accounts was because you needed to open all your emails from one place, there’s no need to transfer your emails from one place to another.
The simplest way to combine your two email addresses is to use the Apple Mail app. You can insert this on a Mac or an iPhone or iPad. You can configure Mail to display each of your iCloud and Gmail emails in the app.
Both email accounts can even share the same inbox, and you’ll set guidelines for filtering emails sent to each address. If this seems to really clear up your disadvantage, read: Set up email on a Mac, iPhone or iPad.
You may have one more reason to flip yours again in Gmail. A colleague like this who insisted on using an iCloud email device as an alternative to a Gmail device as a result of making sure that Apple was not sniffing his emails and focusing on ads for his content material while Google is understood to check your emails to promote functions (although you pay for using the Google Apps for Work model, you shouldn’t).
Apple, on the other hand, prioritizes and boasts your privacy Internet network location that “all traffic between all the email applications you use and our iCloud email servers is encrypted. And our iCloud servers support encryption while transmitting with other email providers that support it. “
Another cause of the change in Gmail is perhaps the fact that it is easy to be indisputable that, as the owner of several Apple devices, you want to use iCloud email, however, as we confirmed above, it is extremely simple to send your Gmail account to your Mail app and receiving Gmail is not entirely different from receiving emails from iCloud re. In addition, if you have an iCloud and a Gmail to receive, you will receive more GB of free space in your emails, so we suggest that you benefit from it.
We even have recommendations on how to stop spam in Mac Mail and several of the best alternative email options for Mac customers.