Apple MacBook Pro VS Microsoft Surface Laptop
How does Microsoft’s first “proper” laptop match as much as Apple’s new MacBook Pro? Keep reading for answers.
On the face of it, it might be simple to imagine the Surface Laptop is a MacBook- or MacBook Air-class machine. That is true concerning design. However, when it comes right down to it, the Microsoft team squeezed some critical into the Surface Laptop.
That makes it worth evaluating to the top of Apple’s notebook tree: The MacBook Pro.
So let’s examine how two units stack up. We’re looking for the smaller, 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro here, not the 15-inch mannequin which is bigger and a bit pricier. The 13-inch model is one of the best, closest comparisons to the Microsoft Surface Laptop.
Surface Laptop vs. MacBook Pro technical specs
|NAME||Microsoft Surface Laptop||Apple MacBook Pro|
|DISPLAY||13.5-inch Pixel Sense display 10 point multi-touch||13.3-inch Retina display Optional Touch Bar|
|RESOLUTION||2256 x 1504 Aspect Ratio: 3:2||2560 x 1600|
|SOFTWARE||Windows 10 S||macOS Sierra|
|PROCESSOR||Seventh-gen Intel Core i5 or i7||Seventh-gen Intel Core i5 or i7|
|STORAGE||128GB, 256GB, 512GB Solid State Drive (SSD)||128GB, 256GB, 512GB PCIe SSD|
|MEMORY||4GB, 8GB or 16GB RAM||8GB or 16GB RAM|
|GRAPHICS||i5: Intel HD Graphics 620 i7: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640||Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 or 650|
|PORTS||One full-size USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, headset jack, Surface Connect||Up to four USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports, headset jack|
|BATTERY||14.5 hours of use||10 hours of use|
|WEIGHT||2.76 pounds||3.02 pounds|
|DIMENSIONS||12.13 inches x 8.78 inches x 0.57 inches||11.97 inches x 8.36 inches x 0.59 inches|
|PRICE||From $999||From $1,299|
It is a tough one to name. In some areas, the Surface nudges forward, in others the MacBook Pro.
Attempting to make a little bit sense of it, some key factors stand out as follows:
- The Microsoft Surface Laptop has a lower-spec, with lower priced entry level that is $300 much less along with the main differences being half the RAM and lesser graphics. Nevertheless, it has a touch-screen.
- The high-end models favor Apple slightly, with higher graphics and a $200 saving over the best end Surface Laptop, on the sacrifice of 8GB of RAM in comparison with 16GB (without including further configurations).
- Neither of those laptops is ideal for port selection. Microsoft Surface Laptop has the advantage of a regular USB 3.0, whereas Apple MacBook Pro has Thunderbolt 3 and a dongle to make use of for every occasion.
- The Floor Laptop computer’s claimed battery life is considerably higher than Apple’s reported life for the MacBook Professional.
- They’re both about the identical dimension and weight.
What you aren’t getting on the MacBook Pro, after all, is an Alcantara keyboard and a selection of color that is not gray or silver.
Microsoft Surface Laptop vs. Apple MacBook Pro: The Ultimate Winner?
So which one comes out on top? It is a draw. The Microsoft Surface Laptop and Apple MacBook Pro are evenly matched throughout the board. One jumps forward in a single area, solely to have the other claw back in one other. The distinction comes down to the OS, which is a whole completely different type of comparison. Additionally, keep in mind for those who do go for a MacBook Pro, it is pretty handy with Windows 10 installed on it.